Regional Program Operations Coordinator (National Candidates Only)
The Regional Program Operations Coordinator will support the regional operations team and country offices with the production, coordination and dissemination of quality and timely management information; communication products and regional analysis. This will include working with country offices in the coordination and dissemination of operations planning and reporting, ongoing response information; regional management KPIs; and updated program dashboards and factsheets.
The Regional Program Operations Coordinator will support the Senior Operations Adviser to assist the CO management to operationalize their strategy in collaboration with the Regional Program Operations Director and wider regional team.
The post-holder will support the regional operations team in improving our forecasting, preparedness, contingency planning and backstopping of category 4 and 3 emergencies in the region – including direct links with country offices to establish and resource identified support needs.
The Regional Program Operations Coordinator will support the roll out of regional capacity building; training and mentoring initiatives that are coordinated through the regional office. The post-holder will also work with country office Operations, information, communication, and other associated teams in identifying and supporting capacity building needs that will ensure quality and timely programming in Country Offices.
Information Management and Dissemination
- Analyse and provide programme management information that is required for the evolving needs of Save the Children Regional Office Operations team, Centre and members based on on-going program support;
- Review, analyse and present information for the Program Operations team on key management information: KPI & MI
- Monitor internal and external humanitarian information sources to provide oversight of emerging and continued humanitarian contexts
- Act as a link between country offices and Regional office to promote 2-way communication and accountability. Ensure country offices understand the value of the information they provide and that Regional office is sharing this information effectively.
Program Operations Support
- Support the Director of Program Operations and Senior Operations Advisor in keeping oversight over program implementation in the region aiming for timely & high quality delivery (with a focus on designated countries)
- Evaluate and continuously monitor Country Office KPIs, Management Improvement plans, Risk Management Plan, so as to ensure improvement in CO operations and quality in Programme Delivery
- Compile the results and produce analytics and reviews on operations deliverables
- Regularly update the program operations briefs/dashboard for country offices in close collaboration with different functions at RO
- Liaise with other key ARO functions – Finance, HR, MEAL, PQI, etc to coordinate and disseminate reports, plans, and key information in compliance with SCI requirements
- Following recommendations from and in support to Senior Operations Advisors provide oversight and support day-to-day operations to ensure efficient and effective program delivery in Country Offices through Coordination calls to ensure Accountability and follow up of issue register.
- Plan, set-up, co-ordinate and minute the key internal and external meetings and workshops relating to the Operations Management Team
- Occasionally be deployed to country offices for Operational Support and in the initial stages of an emergency response to assist with duties linked to this role.
- Work with Senior Operations Advisors to plan, manage, coordinate and support CAT4 and CAT3 responses in the region
- Work with country office focal points; information & communications teams and others to produce, consolidate and disseminate regular management information
- Work with the regional operations team (and identified country focal points) to support identified backstopping needs
Capacity Building Support
- Work with the Director of Program Operations and Senior Operations Advisors on training/facilitations of Operations Management, Risk Management, and other relevant trainings and depending on Country Office needs
- Provide training and build capacity of country program operations and information & communication teams or other designated staff to deliver usable management information to meet region, centre and member needs
- Support the design, organisation and delivery of advisory deployments, operations consultancies, surveys and assessments.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade of this post
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 14 November 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 30 Oct 2019
Closing date: 14 Nov 2019 - 22:59 +07
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time