Program Development Specialist - Cambodia
The Program Development Specialist is a new position within Save the Children Cambodia to strengthen our program development. The post holder will be responsible for spearheading CO fundraising strategies and leading on proposal development for strategic funding opportunities.
The position will be responsible for designing winning grant proposals, ensuring they are strategically aligned to our Country Strategic Plan, are responsive to donors and are technically sound. Recognising the breadth of work of Save the Children in Cambodia, including child protection, education, livelihoods, health and nutrition and child rights governance, s/he will coordinate and lead work across departments, especially with technical leads, to develop innovative proposals.
S/he will also be required to build and maintain positive working relationships with the different Members of Save the Children International who provide programme funding. The position will line manage the Proposal and Reporting Coordinator, who will support in ensuring timely submission of winning proposals.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Lead the writing and submission of high-value, strategic and/or complex proposals from a range of donors, including development of log frames, in coordination with the Operation teams.
- Set and track proposal development timelines and ensure coordination amongst relevant teams – MEAL, Programme Operations, Finance, Human Resource, Member, and external stakeholders (if relevant).
- Lead project design workshops and consultation meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead on identification of partners in coordination with the Partnership specialist, including supporting partner assessments and drafting teaming agreements.
- Act as focal point for proposal development for consortia (where SCI is a sub), providing necessary support and inputs as required and representation as meetings/workshops
- Ensure that Programme Quality Framework is addressed in all new proposals and that key elements of programme quality are included (e.g. child participation, child safeguarding, lessons learned from past proposals, accountability, risk assessments, effective partnership strategy, etc.).
- Ensure all expressions of interest, concept notes and proposals are reviewed (at CO and Member level) for quality assurance, are approved according to internal Save the Children processes, and are submitted to donors in the required format and in a timely manner
- Provide day-to-day direct line management of the Proposal and Reporting Coordinator, including: Delegation of roles, responsibilities and tasks among the team; Provide leadership and technical support to the team, as needed; Undertake performance management (including annual goal setting, coaching, mentoring, quarterly conversations etc)
- Establish positive working relationships with all Country Office departments to work effectively on proposal development, strategies, on-going programmes and opportunities
- Support proposal writing capacity building efforts to CO staff and partners
- Recruit and manage technical consultants as required.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 13 November 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 29 Oct 2019
Closing date: 13 Nov 2019 - 22:59 +07
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time